Thursday, January 17, 2019

Unencunbered



Oh my goodness I have so much stuff! The responsibility of it all weighs me down to the point of squashing me. Sleepless nights trying to manage it all leave me overwhelmed and stressed.

In the last few years, I have had to amalgamate 3 houses into one, and much of that was after my husband died, so I have a double garage filled with things waiting for the public trustee to be finished with them and we sold our airbnb and now its ready to burst. Not to mention all the stuff 26 years of homeschooling amass and a working art studio and various other hobbies and interests- aghhhhh!  In my favour number 1 son and his lovely lady are getting their first house early in 2019 and I can so easily fully furnish it - lol - hopefully they can fit their stuff in too. 


I know I will feel so much better when it is all done but I need motivation, a goal and accountability to tackle this big a job. Art journal pages tend to be my to-do lists so I will quite probably do lots over the process simply to get my head around it all. 


My motivation is to be downsized enough in 2 years or so- when number 2 son is ready to move out,  to fit everything I need personally in my van. I am really ready to let go of houses and stuff and so need the freedom and lightness of van life. I will still have a house to be in at that stage and will continue to work but I will be unencumbered. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping in to River Girl Art, I love your comments and feed back.