Saturday, December 29, 2018

Flying Forward


Continuing my Summer Journaling Play
  This page came together in many layers and different media. I began by covering both sides of my journal with free writing in magenta ink- I created this page just before Solstice so my journaling was all about releasing the pain and struggles of 2018 and there was quite a bit to release I chose the magenta on a whim but it suited my passionate wording. 


Next, I used some colour shine spray in sea foam, I love this soothing cooling colour and as I sprayed I was intentionally calming those emotions and used a couple of discrete but symbolic stencils. Green means water and growth and abundance and calm to me -
 I am welcoming all of that into my new year.

As its all about the sun right now I also wanted to bring in that energy and burn off and release anything still hanging around so I covered the page with more colour shine sprays in the orange and yellow tones and added sun rays in white gesso across the entire spread.

Next, I turned to my collage bits and found some garden photo strip pics in suitable colours, I kept looking through the collage and found a photocopied sun so I did a transfer in the middle of my gessoed sunburst, once she had a face she needed a full and abundant body.  I painted her with a little bit of gesso and using my paintbrush in the colour shine bottles.

Once she was dry I got out my trusty black pens- a posca and a signo and doodled and journalled another layer. The bird is symbolic of me and I am at a point where I am very much flying forward into my own life, burning off the ties of who I was before and embracing my new. 

2 comments:

  1. This page is awesome on so many levels. The colour choices, the symbolism along with your process is quite fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great symbolism Louise! Your spread looks wonderful, and I love your photo collage too! ❤

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to River Girl Art, I love your comments and feed back.