Thursday, December 27, 2018

Summer Journal Play




The three birds is a recurrent theme in my artwork, they have often appeared in my art journal and also in my paintings and my eldest son has requested I design him a tattoo for his 21st birthday that is based on a fig tree and the three birds, I have a year to come up with it and we will collaborate on the design together. My 15yo son has also expressed interest in having the same tattoo. Personally, I am not overly keen on tattoos but they are very popular with the younger generation.  

I have been pondering the passing of time a lot as we navigated this past Solstice. It is the second Solstice since the passing of my boys' father and although we were separated and I really did raise the boys as a single mum most of the time he was still a very loved family member and his absence is always felt- particularly at this time of the year. 

I feel this page that was created with intuition and spontaneity is symbolic of the privilege of watching them grow and sharing that part of their life journeys.  In many ways that part is finished but they will always be my little chicks.

2 comments:

  1. Love the contrasts in this Louise! I'm intrigued to see the tattoo design you come up with (if the boys let you share)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love those colours. Your boys are big chicks now <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to River Girl Art, I love your comments and feed back.