Thursday, December 13, 2018

Approaching Solstice 2018


There is something about summer that finds me breaking out a new art journal every year and playing in it every chance I get. I don't know if it is the heat or the end of the year. the beginning of a new one or the energy of solstice but here I am again. 


I welcome this creative and cleansing burst.
It is a great opportunity to reflect on the year that was and begin setting some intentions for the new one arriving. I Shared this as a prompt on the Australian Art Swap group as well.

As we approach 2019 
I would love you to do a double page spread 
focussing on the year we just had and the one we are about to begin.
Some things to ponder -
What were the highlights/ lessons learned/ major events?
What do you want to change/ leave behind/ let go of?
What do you want as your focus for the new year?
Do you have a word for the year?
What do you want to nurture in yourself/ your family/ your home?



My page quickly filled up in cathartic release and whilst my journalling is not really earth-shattering, it has been a really tough year and I am not open to sharing this page. Plus there are some really cool photo apps out there.

May the brightest of blessings shine on you and your loved ones this solstice,
what ever side of our beautiful planet you are on .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping in to River Girl Art, I love your comments and feed back.