Saturday, October 5, 2013

Gratitude

So Thankful
 for all the blessings in my life
Things have been really busy and challenging here lately,
for me and for my friends,
 there has been a swelling of overwhelm
and also of incredible resilience and positivity.


I had a dear friend have a horse accident and broke her back, luckily she is OK, she is in a brace for a couple of months and she is on light duties but she is doing well, she is such an amazing and inspiring positive person and she will be fine- there is so much to be grateful there. Another friend has had ongoing legal battles to protect her beautiful precious child for 7 years so far (most of his life), I am so grateful he is safe for now and growing up into a beautiful person, and that he is such good friends with my youngest boy. Unfortunately we had an accident coming home the other night and hit a kangaroo causing a lot of damage to my car, we were all safe though and I am so thankful none of us were hurt and my car can be fixed.


All of this here and what is happening in the world has me reflecting on
 GRATITUDE
and the many ways I am blessed in my life,
I am so thankful for my family-
those living with me and those living away, you all know me at my worst and love me anyway, you all add so much to my life and I love you all so much. I know my sons and my mum are there for me no matter what.I am so thankful to Adam for fathering our beautiful boys and working hard to support us.
I am so thankful to K for the wonderful soul searching intimate relationship we have, for the personal growth and challenges we have shared over the last 3 years and the love and support we offer each other.
I am so thankful to live in Australia and especially here on the beautiful NSW north coast on my beloved mighty mighty Clarence river. I love my country I have such a deep connection to this space to the age old spreading fig tree's and the towering gums, to the dozens of kangaroo's out the back paddock. to the multitude of birds that share our space and clear starry skies. I love our north coast community - there are some incredible people and groups and organisations here.
I am so thankful to live the life I do, homeschooling my boys, finally getting our house built and having the work opportunities to share my love and passion for art with people.

I am truly blessed.


There is so much to be thankful for, I could go on and on but will save that for another journal page. My little one and I are off to see Medicine for the People in Byron in a couple of days and we can't wait. I am so thankful for this opportunity and the internet where we discovered Nahko and his tribe.

Life is good.



1 comment:

  1. That was a very beautiful post. Wishing you every happiness now and in the future on this very special day. You have grown to be a wonderful and wise woman (most of the time anyway) Love always :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to River Girl Art, I love your comments and feed back.