Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Summer Solstice


Brightest Blessings 

On this longest day of the year in the southern hemisphere.
May you and your families be truly blessed 
with love and laughter
with health and happiness
with compassion and respect.


My family don't celebrate Christmas, 
I have raised my children with a much broader view of the world, they are aware and accepting of many different views and beliefs and they are free to make their own choices.

 We celebrate the old festivals of the year,
it makes much more sense to me in the hot summer month of December in Australia to be celebrating the summer solstice, the longest day and the shortest night has long held cultural significance in many cultures right back in time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping in to River Girl Art, I love your comments and feed back.