Sunday, January 12, 2014

The Art of Transformation, my new traveling art journal from the AAJS



I finally the time and space today to make my new traveling journal this afternoon.


I am doing Soul Food this year 
and just watched Grace Howe's beautiful journal making class.
We have only just started this fantastic art course that is covering so many creative possibilities, in 2 weeks we have done a beautiful mixed media piece, some fabulous drawings, a really groovy collage and the journal making- all of the "Sous-Chefs" are sharing some delicious recipes to feed our bellies as well as our souls, so if you want to join us its certainly not too late.



 I combined some of Grace's techniques with my own.
- writing intentions for my journal on the first layer of the outside cover


and using stencils,
I am so into stencils lately that they would have been in there anyway


adding the layers to the outside cover


 and the inside cover is coming along 



my traveling art journal, ready for me to do some work inside now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping in to River Girl Art, I love your comments and feed back.