Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year

 It is the start of a new year
 and there are so many juicy offerings 
of wonderful free classes online.


I have taken up quite a few of these offers
 and I hope I have not over committed.

I am doing the 365 Project and so are my boys.
It is photographic documentary of your year and my boys have both got cameras now so I am hoping we will all improve our photography skills and the boys will enjoy being part of an online community. I'm not super confident we will all post every day but we will do it as much as we can.


I am also taking  the Strathmore Online Workshops
There are 3 workshops on offer
 and the first one is with the fabulou
Traci Bautista Doodles Unleashed
It is a 4 week course and I am so excited about this one,
There are 2 other work shops as well
Water color sketching with Cathy Johnson in March
and 
Force Drawing with Michael Mattesi in May


 These images on this page 
are from another course I am doing
at wild precious life with Effy Wild
It is a year long art journaling course,
and I am already inspired.


So far we have altered  our books and 
are searching for our one word for 2012
I have narrowed my choices down to 

AWARE  / AWARENESS
or
CLARITY

I have also decided to play along with Jan Fox
with weekly prompts for arting.
I don't plan on doing all of these 
but sometimes
 its nice
 to have inspiration delivered right into your inbox!


I am also slowly working my way 
through all the fabulous lessons
I love these lessons
 and I love Christy's teaching style and artistic style,
she is so inspirational.

I have recently joined a wonderful ning platform
with the fabulous and so very generous 
AMy McDonald
So many free groups and lessons,
videos and tutorials .


I am also participating in 2 round robin art journal swaps,
 although I only have 2 more art journals 
to work in for the International  Art Journal Swap.

Oh and Artist Trading Cards's
I will have to be joining in on various ATC swaps 
as I am loving my growing collection of these,
If anyone wants to do a swap with me for ATCs
 please leave me a comment and we can do a trade.

So that should keep me
 artistically motivated throughout the year.

I am going to need my word  
and my book of days to keep me focused.

Bright Blessings for the new year to you.


2 comments:

  1. I'm exhausted just reading your list LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to do it... I've just awarded you with a Lieber award, check back to my blog to receive it and pass on. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to River Girl Art, I love your comments and feed back.