Friday, September 13, 2013

Update for River Girl



Hello this is your preoccupied artist popping in for an update.

Its coming up to 12 months that I have been back in the Clarence Valley and being wiped out with the flu for the past week has given me an enforced rest and time to reflect on that year and all that has been happening.


I suppose the biggest thing I have been working on, besides being a home school mother of 2 wonderful boys is the house. I have been working pretty solidly for the last year on renovating our family home. I have had lots of help from various tradesman working with me but I have done so much of this on my own and the boys have both contributed greatly as well. 

We are turning an old ( not ancient or antique ) fibro house that had lots of pretty major problems into a lovely modern weatherboard home using mostly recycled materials from a house we puled down and moved here years and years ago. We have overcome so many issues and it is a constant challenge but it is also so very wonderful to be a part of making it happen, and the boys are thrilled to be out of the tent that was home for months and to have lovely big bedrooms of their own.


 I have also been doing a lot of teaching and sharing my great passion- art.

I started an adults art journalling class at the Grafton Art club and have been having so much fun with some wonderful women, I have introduced them to art journals, mixed media, book making, stamp making, print making and lots of other things over the year, sadly though this class is dwindling so I am going to change direction in October.

We have been exploring monoprinting lately using the super versatile gelli plate, and everyone is producing some gorgeous prints.

 We have enjoyed regular weekly classes and week end workshops and I would love to keep this class running but peoples lives change and there is travelling to be done and work that needs doing. I am really open to offering these fun and freeing classes to adults though so if you are interested please contact me and keep an eye on my River Girl Art facebook page  where I post regularly about what I am up to both locally and further afield.

I have also been offering workshops through the incredible Out of the Box program to local youth and have had a great time working with our talented young people in the community. I offer workshops in art doll making, Artist Trading Cards, hand made stamps and will be offering print making workshops when the box gets moved to Market Square very soon.

I do have some very exciting things coming up but they will have to wait as this flu ridden river girl needs to go back to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping in to River Girl Art, I love your comments and feed back.