Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Botanic Prints with the Gelli Plate


We have had a mild winter and I was noticing lots of luscious weeds growing with lovely veining so I did as any paint splattered girl would do, I picked some and took them inside to play with. The sample above is a ruby dock weed and I just adore how it came out. 


Next I decided we would play with botanic printing in my class at the Grafton Art Club 


and we produced some really beautiful delicate prints using the leaves as stamps


I also ended up with some stunning embellishments like this one.


As I was selecting a colour to paint my house at the same time I ended up with a heap of little paint sample cards, just perfect for printing onto.


We experimented with leaves and these are poinciana seed pods, I have plans for some sturdy flowers and grass seed heads though as they come into season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping in to River Girl Art, I love your comments and feed back.